Archive for Month: September 2013

  • Recycling Collections Churches and Village Halls

    ABC has informed Churches and Village Halls in the Borough about the new , improved and more sustainable service which is being introduced.  From w/c 30th September, we will be introducing an alternate weekly collection for Churches and Village Halls in the Borough based upon the volume of waste currently collected, consisting of a fortnightly…

  • Antisocial Behaviour in our area

    I am pleased to announce that we seem to have turned a corner on Antisocial behaviour in our area. I have been working closely with the local Community officer, and local business owners, to try to reduce the incidents. It is interesting and pleasing to know that the majority of incidents reported, are committed by…

  • Ashford Portas Pilot scheme

    In July Ashford was named as one of the Government’s Portas Pilot towns The purpose of the pilots is to test the ideas in the Mary Portas Review to improve high street vitality in different town centres. Ashford beat around 400 towns to be selected by the Government to become one of retail guru Mary…

  • PRESS RELEASE BY JOHN LEWIS AT HOME

    John Lewis have just announced that its new ‘at home’ shop in Ashford will open its doors to customers at 9am on Thursday 7th November 2013. Located on a site close to junction 9 of the M20 in Kent, John Lewis at home Ashford will focus on furniture, furnishing accessories, electrical and home technology. The 40,000…

  • Estate Inspections

    The next Housing estate inspections in our area will be :   Randolph Gardens on Monday 14th October For more details contact me or Sam Diggins on Sam.diggins@ashford.gov.uk 01233 330374

  • Incredible Edible Ashford

    A great initiative that I am looking at for Little Burton Farm. One third of the UK´s natural assets are in danger of being lost or degraded. This initiative gets communities together to lead food growing projects in local areas If you are interested click on the link below – or call me for more…

  • What Happens to your recycling waste

    Please click on the link to see what happens to our waste once collected. I did visit the plant myself and can confirm that this is a good explanation of how our waste is recycled so it can be reused 95% can be resold to be reused and the remaining 5% is burnt as fuel…

Categories